Policies & Procedures
Entrance/Exit & Parking
- ENTRANCE: Follow Cate Farms Signs. One-way gravel road leads to the barn where guests can be dropped off before parking
- PARKING: In the grassy meadow behind The Historic Holston House
- EXIT: Follow signs from grassy meadow to gravel road.
- CATERING VEHICLES are not allowed to block gravel driveway. Unloading is allowed at kitchen entrance but all vehicles must be moved to designated parking area in grassy meadow behind the house.
- GRAVEL DRIVEWAY must remain clear at all times for emergencies.
Decorations & Setup
- Decorations may not be placed on café party lights, cables and center fan.
- No nails, screws and staples may be used to hang decorations, without prior approval.
- Candles are allowed in protective containers with height of the wick not to exceed the container’s height.
- No Fireworks are allowed; however, sparklers may be used outside.
Rainy Day Plan
- The wedding ceremony can be held inside the barn or you may rent a tent. Options discussed prior to wedding date.
- State of Tennessee Law: Alcohol, including beer and wine is allowed on the premises. All State of Tennessee laws pertaining to the serving of alcohol, including beer and wine, must be strictly followed. Serving alcohol to any person under the age of 21 is illegal.
- Bartender: A licensed bartender is required to serve alcohol. Must provide a copy of the bartender’s licensing and liability insurance. All alcohol must be behind a designated bar area. We strongly encourage your guests to have designated drivers. Absolutely no alcohol served after 9:30 p.m.
- Inappropriate Behavior: The serving, possession or consumption of alcohol, including beer and wine on the premises may be ordered discontinued at any time at the discretion of the Cate Farms representatives for inappropriate behavior due to excessive drinking.
- Live and recorded music is permitted; however, volume must be limited to 90 Db. (decibels)
- We do not allow subwoofers… “loudspeakers designed to enhance bass” … out of respect for neighbors.
- A Cate Farms representative will strictly monitor noise levels and have the final say when it comes to maintaining acceptable volume levels.
- Final song must be played before 9:45 p.m. to allow 15-minutes for wedding party send off.
- Music must be lowered at 9:45 p.m. and turned off completely at 10:00 p.m.
- Smoking/Vaping is not permitted in The Barn.
Event Conclusion and Cleanup
- All events must conclude at/or before 10:00 p.m.
- Renters have up until 11 p.m. to gather belongs and begin removing their belongings.
- Renter is responsible for disposing of all trash into designated garbage containers, removing decorations, personal belongings, and boxes used to transport items to Cate Farms.
- Renters and/or Caterers must clean and sweep kitchen floor.
- Renters must complete their clean up no later than Noon, Sunday.